Brian J Smith
Top 5 Most Bizarre Criminals
You’ve got to give them this: Some of these guys got pretty creative. These offenders needed top federal criminal defense lawyers to get them out of these odd jams.
- In 2008, a man hypnotized people to give him cash in a string of hold-ups in Italy. Upon his turn in line, he’d whisper to cashiers “look into my eyes” and walk out with a stack of money. Victims didn’t remember giving the hypnotist a single penny.
- Before his rise back to fame, Robert Downey Jr. had a severe drug and alcohol problem. In July of 1996, a California family found the actor passed out in their 11-year-old daughter’s bed. He was arrested for trespassing and being under the influence of drugs.
- Robbing mangers during the Christmas season has become a holiday tradition for some. Though a prank, the mangers’ owners aren’t laughing. Some churches have started to hide GPS systems in the manger pieces to keep track of their whereabouts.
- Frenchman Alain Robert is an urban free climber of skyscrapers and other tall buildings without using any kind of safety equipment. He’s been arrested numerous times as he usually lacks authorization. His climbs include the New York Times building, Taiwan’s Taipei 101, the Empire State Building, and the Eiffel Tower.
- In 1995, an unemployed 34-year-old plumber took a tank from the San Diego National Guard Armory. He flattened 40 cars, flipped numerous telephone poles, and destroyed fire hydrants and electricity pylons, knocking out power to more than 5,000 homes. Once police managed to catch him on the highway, he continued to fight and was shot to death.
If you’re needing a criminal defense expert to review your legal situation, contact us today.